Welcome to the Stroller Friendly City blog! Here, you will find reviews of restaurants in the Victoria downtown area, rated relative to their stroller access, as well as their food, service, and overall baby-friendliness. Thanks for reading!


Friday, January 28, 2011

Eeeek! Creepy!

Now that the Christmas hubbub has ebbed, it is time to get back to more Stroller Friendly reviews! This time, my random selection was a strange one...

Stain Internet Cafe, at 609 Yates st, is oddly listed as a restaurant/cafe on Google. Weird.

No, that is not a fake name. In case you were wondering. To add to the ick-factor, all the windows are blacked out from the outside... what exactly is going on in there?

But hey, my random selection selected it, so I was gonna try it out! Who knows, maybe it might be a new favourite haunt...?

Access: Entering the door was not super-easy due to a slight incline and a narrow doorway. Still, though, entering was not more difficult than a hundred other doors I've already dealt with; I was able to enter without making a spectacle of myself. Which is why I was surprised by...

...EVERYONE IN THE ESTABLISHMENT turning away from their computers to simultaneously stare at me. It was like stumbling into a horror movie. Picture a dark, dark room with stale, smelly air containing an all-male clientele, their faces lit only by their computer monitors, silently and intently peering at newcomers to their domain.

EEEEEEEEEEK!!! I couldn't get outta there fast enough.

So yeah, the moral of the story is that Stain Internet Cafe is decidedly NOT baby friendly!

Stroller Friendly FAIL!

2 comments:

  1. lol what do you expect? thats like walking into "redhot video" and giving it bad review cause its not kid friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, Fair enough -- I had thought I was just being prejudiced against its weird name and blacked out windows, especially since Google listed it as a cafe-restaurant, so I gave it a chance.

    I`ll probably have a similar experience again sometime, but I HOPE not with a place like `Red Hot Video`! ;-)

    ReplyDelete