Welcome to the Stroller Friendly City blog! Here, you will find reviews of restaurants in the Victoria downtown area, rated relative to their stroller access, as well as their food, service, and overall baby-friendliness. Thanks for reading!


Friday, October 22, 2010

Orchard on View Marketplace

Next is the little sandwich joint near the Bay Centre: the Orchard on View Marketplace at 655 View st.

Access: Bad -- the store itself is so small, I had to wait until there were *no* customers in order to get to the cash register. However, there is one little table outside where I was easily able to park the stroller and eat my lunch, so it's only the ordering and paying parts of the lunch process that are not very stroller-accessible.

Food: My ham & avocado sandwich was tasty and full of fresh vegetables, but the bread was dry. The seed cookie was delicious, not too sweet, and with phenomenal texture.

Service: Prompt and very friendly. The clerk saw I'd forgotten napkins, and so she made a special trip to bring some out to my table. :-)

Cost: My pre-made sandwich, cookie and Orangiata came to $11.50, which I think is a bit expensive.

Baby friendly: Space-wise, not so much. But personnel-wise, I was very satisfied with the level of baby-friendliness. The cashier seemed overjoyed to talk to my baby, who was more than happy to flirt back. (Yes, having staff speak kindly to my baby *does* count towards this grade.)

Overall Grade: D+

The tasty food and friendly service save this somewhat expensive and not-easily-accessible restaurant from a failing grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment