Welcome to the Stroller Friendly City blog! Here, you will find reviews of restaurants in the Victoria downtown area, rated relative to their stroller access, as well as their food, service, and overall baby-friendliness. Thanks for reading!


Friday, November 19, 2010

Beirut Express Lebanese Food

As a bit of background, I am unsure about how to remain unbiased in my reviews of any Lebanese or Vietnamese restaurants I come across. The reason for this bias is that I once lived in Ottawa, which is deliciously overrun with top-quality shawarma and pho spots. Hence, I have been spoiled.

However, my random selections have inevitably led me to a Lebanese restaurant, and I will try to be fair in my evaluation of the food at...
Beirut Express Lebanese Food at 787 Fort st!


Access: Ok. Getting in the (sans-wheelchair-button) door was no more difficult nor easier than anywhere else. Navigating in the restaurant was tight, and getting to the till involved minorly disrupting other patrons. There was also only one table at which a stroller could be comfortably pulled up -- luckily, that one table was open.

Food: Not great. The falafel was a bit dry, and the sauces and veggies packed no punch. Even the normally-zesty pickled turnip was bland.

Service: Good. Fast, efficient, and friendly.

Cost: Ok-- A big (and filling) falafel shawarma and an Orangiata soda was just under $10.

Baby-Friendliness: Ok. Bustling atmosphere of busy street is good, and the staff was kind. Lack of places to park a stroller wasn't great, though. Also, I am unsure whether there was a washroom, and did not check about a change space. No obvious, comfortable spots to breastfeed.

Overall Grade: C-

The good service and relative stroller accessibility save Beirut Express from a D grade. Next up, another Mexican restaurant! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment