Welcome to the Stroller Friendly City blog! Here, you will find reviews of restaurants in the Victoria downtown area, rated relative to their stroller access, as well as their food, service, and overall baby-friendliness. Thanks for reading!


Friday, December 3, 2010

Italian Food Import

Next up for #StrollerFriendly review is Italian Food Import at 1114 Blanshard!

(*Note that this is a retail-type establishment, and therefore I am applying the retail standards, rather than restaurant standards.)

Access: Not bad. There is a slight incline next to their door, which makes getting in and out a bit tricky. However, once in, there is just enough space to move around. When I went, the place was fairly crowded, and I had no space trouble.

Food: Stellar! I had the Rocky Balboa toasted sandwich, and it was just the right combination of spicy, fresh, salty, savoury, and a little bit greasy (in the good way). LOVE that sandwich.

Service: Great. Fast, hard-working counter staff processed the long line in no time. Very friendly, even when the baby started getting really fussy.

Cost: Great -- my sandwich (not huge, but filling and tasty) plus an Orangiata came to under $8.

Baby-Friendliness: Very good. Bustling atmosphere, friendly clientele who were eager to help with doors and chairs, and who were very kind when baby started freaking out while I was midway through my sandwich.

Overall Grade: A

An easier door would catapult this retail-food jewel into A+ territory.

Next up -- a cafe that saved my sanity! Stay tuned for the whole story...

No comments:

Post a Comment