Welcome to the Stroller Friendly City blog! Here, you will find reviews of restaurants in the Victoria downtown area, rated relative to their stroller access, as well as their food, service, and overall baby-friendliness. Thanks for reading!


Monday, December 6, 2010

Sumeria Caffe Bar To Go

Next up is Sumeria Caffe Bar To Go, at 1329 Cook st (at Johnson). This is a tiny take-out coffee bar, and so will be judged according to retail standards (not restaurant).

Access: Fantastic -- Walk-up window style service means NO doors to wrestle with!

Food: My egg nog latte was delicious, though a bit sweeter than Starbuck's version.

Service: Excellent. I was having a rotten day, and the clerk was kind, sympathetic, and even gave me a chocolate. I don't know if the chocolate is, in fact, distributed with every coffee, but at that moment, a tasty token of kindness was exactly what my waning sanity needed. Thank you, Sumeria Caffe!

Cost: Not cheap, but egg nog lattes rarely are. It was a good size, and I paid about $4.50.

Baby-Friendliness: Good. Lovely staff, easy access, and plenty of little tables I could have easily pulled a stroller up to, if I'd wanted to stop for a moment.

Overall Grade: A


Delicious coffee (with great service) that does *not* require wrestling with doors? Sign me up!

Next up, more names to be added to the WALL OF SHAME. Who will it be? Stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment